Monday, September 26, 2011

My Journey #2



And boy does one have to work to obtain and maintain success when it comes to their health!!!  I have come to the conclusion, though, that it's worth it.  It can even be fun and addictive ... in a good way, not a bad way.  I will not be doing the whole diet pill, B12 shots, water pills, etc.  I'd rather lose my weight naturally and with hard work.  No lap band surgeries ... no liposuction ... I got myself in this mess so I'm not about to take the easy way out.

I want to feel my legs burning.  I want to feel weak as a newborn foal when stepping off the elliptical.  I want to be breathless as I work out ... at least until I build up my endurance.  Now, don't worry that I'm over-exerting myself.  I do know when to quit.  I figure, though, that if I feel myself getting weak, breathless and burning then I'll think twice about letting myself get this big again...

Speaking of which ...

I am now below 300 pounds!!!!  I have GOT to keep it below 300 from here on out.  I weighed myself tonight when I got home from work.  If you remember, my starting weight two weeks ago was 301.6 pounds.  When I weighed myself this afternoon, my weight was 298.4 pounds!!!!

This may not seem like a major hurdle to some of ya'll, but I am ecstatic that I am below 300 pounds.  I must confess, though, that I probably would've lost more had I drank more water and ate better for quite a few meals over the past two weeks.  However, I've been on the strict diets where you eat nothing but non-fat foods, no sweets, etc.  For those that can stick with it and enjoy it, I congratulate you.  I, however, am not one of those people.  I love the taste of food ... non-diet food.  My problem has been portion control, so that's what I've been working on.

Granted, there are times that I do eat healthy because I crave a salad or veggies, but it's not a 24/7 thing with me.  If I want a messy California Whopper from Burger King, by jove, I'm getting one!  =)

My other major issue is probably well known to any of you who are Southerners ... sweet tea!  I love the stuff and it goes perfectly with every meal!  I have cut back on it, but I've not cut it out.  Sodas are easy for me to leave alone.  If I want a soda, I usually end up with Sprite or an occasional Mountain Dew.

Anyhow, I see I'm rambling, so I'll close this out now.  I just wanted to share my update with ya'll.  I'll update again in another two weeks or so.

See ya!!!! =)

3 comments:

  1. Great job!!! I'm so excited for you!!

    Please don't think I'm trying to take the easy way out using Alli ...

    I have been big now for a long time and I've tried all the "on my own" ways and none of them were working. That's why I decided to go ahead and try the Alli pills.

    I'm still doing all the hard work exercising .. watching what I'm eating .. I'm sticking to a super strict diet, and not even coming close to craving "greasy" foods. I tried one of my kids chicken nuggets the other night and it was gross!! I LOVE CHICKEN NUGGETS .. but it tasted awful!!

    Today I power walked two miles in 45 minutes!! For me, having had knee surgery 2 months ago .. I was ecstatic!!!

    I'm so glad things are working for you!!

    KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Keep it up! My husband and I are currently on a diet - more for him than for me since he's been clinicallty overweight since adolescence and has trouble keeping it off. But I've been having fun finding healthy recipes for the whole family. Last night we tried spaghetti squash to replace our pasta for the first time. It was good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emily - I don't think you're taking the easy way out. I don't believe in one way of losing weight that works for everyone. People have to find their own system that works for them and do it. Everybody's body chemistry is different, so if you need to use Alli then by all means, girl, use it!

    Creepy - First, love the alias! =) Second, I've always wanted to try the spaghetti squash, but wasn't sure about it. I think I'm going to try and find some at my local grocer, though, because I love squash.

    Keep up the good work ya'll and thanks for the encouragement! =)

    ReplyDelete

If you are using wordpress.com, you can simply drop the html below in a widget in the footer or at the bottom of the sidebar.
Quantcast