Saturday, December 17, 2011

Mandy Reviews (as Raven Grace): Raven's Kiss by Toni LoTempio

ASIN #: B004W9CMII
File Size: 306 KB
Page Count: 236
Copyright: 2011


To read the book summary, you can click here to go to the Amazon page for this book.

I've decided to handle this review a little differently.  Instead of writing it in my voice, I've decided to try and channel Raven Grace (main character) and write it in her voice.  Let me know what you think...


Mandy's Review:

So, you're here and you want to know what I think of my story. Well, I'll tell you ... it sucked for awhile. I mean, why the hell did I have to get bit by a demon? All I was doing was winding down at a bar with a friend. One thing led to another and, next thing I know, I'm demon-bit and, as a result, changed into a damned shapeshifter.

Now I've got serious anger issues and this bitch, Hedy, that works in the same department as I do, knows how to push my buttons. Oh, what I wouldn't give to really put her in her place ... As a matter of fact, I started to and now I'm on a two-week sabbatical from the Recovery because of it.

Oh, I'm sorry ... you want to know what the Recovery is? It's like a police department and detective agency rolled into one, but with agents dealing in paranormal cases. We have full-blooded humans that work there, but everyone has some sort of special ability. Like my partner, George. He's a mage, which is another term for a sorcerer or conjurer.

So, anyhow, I'm on my two-week "sabbatical" from the department. First night off, I go grab a few from the local bar. Getting lost on the way home, I get hassled by a Hellhound. After kicking his ass, this chic comes running into the alley screaming for help. I go to her apartment and see her roommate has been bitten by the same demon I had been ... Aega.

That decided it. For the next two weeks, I was hunting down this damn demon and finishing him one way or another.

Enlisting the help of some friends, I set out on my quest. Over the course of 48 hours, I encounter an alternate parallel universe and an ancient prophesy involving a riddle I have no idea how to solve.

I muddle my way through and, at the end, I have to fight Aega's boss, Arkeath. Really?! I'm expected to fight a freaking demon without using my shapeshifting abilities?! What the hell?!!!

As unfair as that was, I figured out how to kick that demon's ass and save the day.

So, give it up for Ms. LoTempio for creating me, Raven. If you want to read about a kick-ass chic who can hold it down with the big boys, then you need to read my story. Raven's Kiss isn't just the title, it's the secret to my success. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using wordpress.com, you can simply drop the html below in a widget in the footer or at the bottom of the sidebar.
Quantcast