Wednesday, January 14, 2015

{2015 TBR Pile Challenge Review} MISS PETTIGREW LIVES FOR A DAY by Winifred Watson

Mandy's Review:

I did a book-lover's no-no. I saw this movie before reading the novel. Normally, I adhere to the rule "Read the book before watching the movie," but this time I decided to be a rule-breaker.

For those who may not have had the pleasure of watching the movie or reading the book, let me give you some backstory ... Miss Pettigrew is a down-on-her-luck lady forever looking for a job. She's had some bad ones as a governess. Her appointment with Delysia is her last chance at a full-time position. What she wasn't expecting was for her world to be turned upside down in less than 24 hours.

I love this story but, and shame on me, I think I like the movie portrayal even more. There was more conflict in the movie that was missing from the book. I was still drawn to Miss Pettigrew and was rooting for her the whole time. I felt her sadness when she became sad. I felt her fear when she became afraid. The moments she became a lioness, I inwardly cheered. I won't spoil the story for those who've yet to read/watch it, but I think it's one the majority of you would enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using wordpress.com, you can simply drop the html below in a widget in the footer or at the bottom of the sidebar.
Quantcast